Monday, March 4, 2013

Sprouts

It's that time of the week. No.. not that time. Good Gracious.
It's Grocery Shopping time! Food. Food. Food.

This week I decided instead of going to my regular Wal-Mart that I would hit up Sprouts.
For those who don't have a Sprouts in your area it's basically a nice organic farm store.
i.e. A Healthy Quaint Grocery Store

Now I usually go shopping for a weeks worth of food at a time, maybe two if I feel lucky.
My total at Wal-Mart usually ends up at $120+ even with my 10% Employee Discount.
Today however I was happily surprised that my food cost $61.11.
Some might think that's expensive, but not when you're feeding four people.

I only bought food this week that would make me have to try new recipes.
I'm tired of eating the same old thing week after week.
Now I have to make something new and expand my horizons.
Yay for expanding!


It took me about thirty minutes to get everything I wanted or needed into this little basket.
It took about fifteen minutes to decide what type of noodles I could and couldn't eat. That ended when I called up my Medifast Center for help. I know people on the Medifast Instagram feed post pictures of noodles, but I honestly couldn't figure out which ones I needed or were allowed to have. I couldn't find any soy or tofu noodles. Then I asked my Medifast if it was the same to be "Gluten Free" and they said yes.

So what does that mean? Of course I bought four different type of Gluten Free noodles.
I know I know - I'm weird.


My entire purchase. Doesn't it look delicious? My father told me he was proud of me.
He said when I was little I would've never tried any of this, and he was right.
Now I enjoy creating, trying, and eating new and healthy food.

What I bought today:
  1. Fresh Express Baby Spinach
  2. (4) Avocados
  3. (2) Asparagus Bunch
  4. (1) Green Onion Bunch
  5. (1) Lettuce 
  6. (1) Mayan Ride Spaghetti Squash
  7. (2) Big Chuy Spaghetti Squash
  8. 1 pkg. of Monterey Mushrooms
  9. 1 pkg. Morinaga Silken Extra Firm Tofu
  10. Concord Foods Guacamole Mix (for SM)
  11. 1 pkg. Fresh Extra Lean Ground Pork
  12. 2 pkgs. Extra Lean Loin Strips Beef for Stir Fry
  13. 2 pkgs. 93% Super Lean Ground Sirloin
  14. 2 pkgs. 99% Lean Ground Turkey Breast - Previously
  15. Annie Chun's All Natural Asian Cuisine Maifun Rice Noodles
  16. Maplegrove Foods Gluten Free Brown Rice Pasta Spaghetti 
  17. DeBoles Gluten Free Rice Spaghetti Style Pasta
  18. Organic Ancient Quinoa Harvest Gluten Free Supergrain Pasta



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig