Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Let's Cook Lobster!

What's up guys? The past few weeks I've been getting more and more involved with sea food. I'm going out to fresh markets and buying some unusual things. First it was sword fish, then salmon steaks, and now it's lobster tails!

That's right - LOBSTER. It's on the menu.

Now some people may or may not know that you can eat Lobster on Medifast. Well you can! I, for one, have never had lobster before so this was going to be a virgin cooking experience. I was going to wait until my dad got home to help me cook lobster, but he took forever and I was hungry so I went to my second best source - Google.

I googled, "How to cook Lobster Tails". At first a lot of links popped up, and I finally just picked the first one. They had a lot of options and butterflying the lobster tails seemed like the best choice for me. WELL I WAS WRONG. Butterflying Lobster tails is extremely difficult, and by the end of I couldn't get the damn shell to open up like it was suppose to do.

Plan B. Grill those sucks, and that's exactly what I did. I grilled the hell out of those lobster tails. I got a very big, sharp knight and cut each tail down the middle. I brushed my marinade on them, and then went outside and placed them on the hot grill. I let them cook about four minutes before flipping them over and brushing them again with my marinade. I flipped them back over and let them cook for another two to three minutes, and then finally took them off the grill.

Now since I didn't know what lobster was suppose to look like cooked through all the way I popped them in the microwave for two minutes. Probably didn't need to do that, but I just wanted to be on the safe side. Anna didn't need to get food poisoning again.

Turns out I had less than 7oz of Lobster so I had to add more lean to my meal. What better to add to Lobster than Shrimp? I pulled out some already grilled shrimp, reheated them in the microwave, and plopped them on the plate with lobster. I then went to the fridge, pulled out Hidden Valley's Light Ranch dressing, and placed a tablespoon on the plate so I could dunk my shrimp into it (and lobster because it just seemed to taste better with ranch [then again everything seems to taste better with ranch]). 

My marinade:
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- A dash of paprika
- Four drops of lemon juice
- Two shakes of Garlic Salt
- Pinch of black pepper






My first ever lobster tails:

The End Result:


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig