Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Surviving: Eating Out @ Sake

So Sunday night we went out to my favorite Hibachi restaurant - SAKE!
We haven't been here since I joined Medifast.
This was my favorite restaurant.
Man, I could eat two fried rice, chicken and shrimp, and ice cream.
Om nom nom nom.

We'll Sunday was a completely different story. I stuck exactly to plan. It was extremely tough as SM ordered Sushi and then my father ate some of it. I also had to sit next to Betsy (my 94 y/o grandmother whose blind and is just a pain in the butt to take out to eat). I planned on splitting my meal with her. I had decided days before Sake I would order Shrimp and Scallops. Betsy would barely eat one of each so I'd get 9 shrimp and 3 scallops instead of 10 and 4. Well my dad decided that Betsy would be a side plate. What exactly is a side plate you may be asking. Well a side plate is  basically paying to split your meal with someone.
So instead of getting my 10 and 4, I got 5 and 2.

Now why didn't I just take my food off of Betsy's plate you might be asking, correct? Well I asked the chef when he began preparing the main course that I didn't want any sauce on my shrimp or scallops. I was making it simply and clearly staying away from that rich, sodium bomb that would blow up my Medifast meal. Well since my food was cooked differently I got it first. The chef then prepared everyone else's shrimp the same way with lots and lots of sauce. I couldn't take Betsy's food because it had SAUCE. My dad then dug his fork into Betsy's' plate and began eating her (but really my) shrimp. It finally dinged into his head after eating the last shrimp that those shrimp were in fact mine. He apologized and asked me why I didn't take hers. Obviously he wasn't caring about Medifast this meal and I explained it had the sauce. My "seven" ounces of lean meat went down to about four/ four and a half throughout my entire meal. I was severely pissed about my dinner being robbed from me because my dad opened his mouth to the waitress about a "shared plate". He learned that next time he just won't say anything and I'll do it the way I had planned before.


This was my entire meal. How pathetic, right?
I should've just eaten' the damn fried rice asdfghjkl;
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig