Saturday, September 28, 2013

Trailblazer IV Two-Fifth's Marathon

It's Saturday, September 28th, 2013, 7:42 a.m.
The parental unit and I are in Arlington, TX at Cravens Park.
As you can see - we're happy to be awake!


I thought the race started at 8 a.m. I was wrong. It started at 8:30.
When 8:30 rolled around it still didn't start.
This race was poorly organized, but finally it started!
The weather called for rain, so hopefully we ran before it did.

As I type this at 2:44 pm now it's lightening outside and storming.
GLAD we made it!

Anyways our goal was to be done in two hours, ha-ha.
Hint Hint - Goal. Well, that was SM's goal anyway.
She came in at the 3 hour mark I believe?


As we waited for the race to begin I took a picture of my legs.
I think they look really really skinny - me gusta.
The race started and we ran. I left dad and SM in the dust.


^ I was runner 156 ^

I somehow ended up in the middle of the fast people and the slow people.
Most of the entire race I was alone on the trail.
Bummer.

My ass started to hurt after the fifth mile mark.
Then my thighs, and feet, and left arm.
I thought I was going to die, ha-ha.
Getting the medal was all I cared about at this point!


I finished finally in 2 hours and 32 minutes I believe with the actual time.
I don't know - I'll post my actual time when they post it.
These are the stats from my Nike Running App!
I had to restart it in the beginning so that is why I'm missing a few feet.
I ran my farthest run and completed my fastest 10K!
Not to mention my mom called me during my race.
She should have known it would take about two and a half hours!


Anyways I finished my run and enjoyed my medal!
Now all I'd have to do is wait for my dad and SM to reappear.
They reappeared about twenty to forty-five minutes later!

While I went to go get the car my dad was at the medal ceremony.
They called my name for the second place in my age group!
I couldn't believe it. I was shocked when he told me in the car.


So gold is for participation, silver for placing second in my age group!
How freakin' excited! I never thought I'd do that!

Especially after I had stopped running the last month and a half before.
I can't believe I medaled twice. ASDFGHJKL;


Here's my medals view from the car when I was driving.
I felt pretty amazing and still do!


My instagram photo from the race!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig