Friday, July 19, 2013

The Dallas Farmers Market

What better way to explore Dallas food than to go to the Dallas Farmers Market? It was a spur of the moment adventure.
I'm glad we went! It was eye opening!

I was expecting to see more stalls than we did, but then again we went in the middle of the week. I was also hoping to find a stall that sold chickens (dumb, right?) like actually alive chickens. ANYWAYS... or something that involved meat. Maybe inside they main indoors stall, but we never went in there. Now that I think about it.. that's probably where it would've been if they had one. Damn, I missed out. Anyways this is our adventure in downtown Dallas.

Just stall after stall filled with fresh veggies and fruit that was actually a bit cheaper than the grocery story or any big food chain near us. I was very surprised by this.

Here is Cody wanting to leave, but can't.

This was an all seed and honey stall. I found it amusing.

We finally left and after getting lost in downtown Dallas, and then taking a wrong turn on the highway/freeway (I don't really know where we were) and the GPS not telling me exactly where to go - WE finally made it back to my little town. I thought I'd surprise Betsy with some chicken livers. That's where we are as we wait for the chicken livers to be cooked. I'll be honest I'm getting so use to smelling them they don't smell that bad anymore. I'm tempted to try one.

Betsy being spoiled. Chicken livers, potato salad, & a caramel frappuccino.
She demanded a Frappuccino before we left for the food market. 

This is all I got at the food market. 
Overall cost was $6 which isn't that bad.
All greens, all delicious. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig