Friday, July 19, 2013

The Chicken Dinner


So if you've been following my YouTube videos recently you would know I've been having a lot of difficulty getting pass yet another number wall. This time the number was 153. My new counselor advised me to up my exercise, drink more water, etc etc. Well I did that, and guess what? I didn't lose weight - instead I gained. Bump my number up to 154.5 and you'll have a very upset Anna. 

I was getting upset because I was doing was she was advising and doing all of that I gained weight instead of losing. Anyone would've been pissed, and I was no different. So she came up with our new "war" plan. I would be allowed to have steak once a week - basically only on Wednesday. Then on Thursday I would eat chicken, Friday would be shrimp, and for the rest the week (Saturday - Tuesday) I'd be eating Tilapia. 

So it's Thursday. I decided to test out my father's new grill and make homemade rotisserie chicken. I used olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, smoked paprika, and then some random dry herbs. Overall it took an hour and forty five (1hr 45mins or 105 minutes) to cook the chicken. Now Cody and I had no clue what we were doing so I just went with my chicken gut instinct. I basted the chicken every fifteen minutes until I ran out of my little mix. Overall the chicken came out fantastic and was very very delicious! Betsy (the grandma) even enjoyed it! 

Here are our adventures with the chicken!


While the chicken was cooking we laid out in the grass. 


Now Cody doesn't really like any of the greens I prepare...
So why not give him some bread? I made some biscuits!


My green plate and my grandmother's plate. (She only likes the wings)


To finish it all off I made white chocolate, macadamia nut cookies!
(None of them survived through the night muwahahaha) 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig