Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Windy .55 Walk

"Momma, I'm ready to walk now."
So today was a little hard moving around. Actually last night was hard moving around. My legs were sore sore sore! Yesterdays run/walk took a toll on my body, but this just means I have a lot more to go and train for. Eventually my body will be marathon ready. 

Texas was hit yesterday with super high winds. It was a pain driving to work in 45 mph winds. Anyways, I thought today would be better. ABSOLUTELY NOT. I'm not that lucky. The wind today right now is NW at 21 mph. That's 21 miles per hour. That's hard when you're walking. That's hard when you're walking a 130 pound dog as well.
Did the wind stop us? N-O.

I was bundled up in what I considered warm clothes. Jacket, long pants, sports bra, comfy socks. It became apparent as I jogged half a block that I couldn't feel my hands. I had to make a choice between going the full mile or doing half a mile. Lucy and I both agreed that doing a half mile would be okay for today since we did four yesterday.


Above is our progress for this run from the Nike+ Running App.

On this run I did do something I never thought would be possible. Once Lucy and I crossed the street I began to run. I ran a complete block before I needed to stop. This was a very big achievement to me. I could barely catch my breath if I ran ten feet at my starting weight. Now I can run an entire block without having to stop.

Below is my pace throughout the run. You can clearly tell when I started running. I did have to stop a few times on this run because the Lucys leash would get stuck under her somehow. Anyways I think this was a good workout today, even if it was incredibly short.

A workout is still a work.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig